Saturday, October 22, 2011

Paintball Layout--H2H challenge

Well after a trying week of technical difficulties--(again) I think we are back up and running! In my time away from the computer I was able to accomplish some more layouts and choose to use the layout sketch over at Heart 2 Heart.


I again dove into that "pile" of pictures that has been just waiting for me to be inspired and pulled these paintball pics out. The Lucky paper was the right feel for the outdoor pics and I played a bit with my liquid glass trying to figure out a way to make a paint splatter, wasn't too successful with that, so instead choose to make the title look like it was wet paint running.
Here's an up close picture of the letters, which I stamped with sunset ink on sunset cardstock using the Rustic Alphabet stamp set, then filled it in with liquid glass and really made it thick at the bottom of the letters, held the piece of cardstock up so that it ran down. When I got the effect I was looking for I set it aside to dry (overnight as it was sooo thick). Then I was able to cut around the letters and drips and glued them on the layout.
Just noticed as I was typing up this post that this shot I took to show the liquid glass up close spells PAIN, which is a little ironic as there is definitely some pain involved in this sport--and had I thought of that when I was doing the layout I might have set up the title a little differently to highlight this!!! I see another layout in the future!

Supplies used
Lucky paper pack
sunset ink
Liquid glass
Lucky level 2 assortment (chipboard)
Kraft boarders
Rustic Alphabet stamp set.

2 comments:

  1. Love the technique used for your title...very cool! I agree about the "pain" in paintball. My son went a few times and always came home covered in red welts! Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that title looks great! Thanks for sharing your creative technique and your fun layout.

    ReplyDelete