Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Grade 8 Grad layout.

Here's a layout I did using the new Typeset papers from CTMH. I needed to pull in some of the brighter blue of the Grad gown, so I made use of the Milepost shapes and inked them up! I think it worked beautifully. I want to include the tassel from his cap on this layout, but he isn't ready to give it up yet!!!! But it's only a matter of time before I probably find it tossed aside on the desk in his room and I can add it to the page, and he'll be none the wiser until he goes through his album!!!

I've also chosen to submit this layout into the Heart 2 Heart challenge using #'s. The # is there in the first line of journaling. (click on the picture and you will get a larger version) I didn't want to make a big title on this layout as it's actually the 2nd layout in the set for my sons Graduation, I just can't post the 1st layout as it has his full class picture on it and I don't have permission from the whole class to post. So you'll just have to trust me when I tell you that in his album, they look great all together!

In this close up you can see how I inked the Milepost shapes. With their Kraft colour as a base they are so versatile! 

Here you can see the great canvas stars that are just a few of the shapes included in the Typeset Canvas Shapes. Again, so versatile to whatever theme you are scraping. 

Now, I can show you these next 2 close ups from the 1st layout in the series. I used the Canvas buttons to coordinate with the Canvas shapes and stamped directly onto the button in Moonstruck ink, also used some more of the Milepost shapes! Then pulled out he Cork alphabet, inked up the edges and put those on.



 Thanks for stopping by and having a look. Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think!


1 comment:

  1. Great layout! I really like how you inked the edges of the cork numbers. Thanks for playing by the numbers @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete