Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Heart 2 Heart Challenge 76

This weeks challenge over at Heart 2 Heart is a sketch.

So when I checked it out this morning I thought to myself--well, I really should get some housework done!!!! Sooo, here's my entry! ( it really was a no brainer, but I gave myself a little pat on the back for even considering the housework first hehe)

Considering we are heading into our Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, as well as the annual Fall Fair in our little village, I went for a fall theme. The other thing that influenced my design was that I've been feeling a little "distressed" lately, so there was some abuse given to this card along the way. OK well maybe not intentional at first, but I'm a firm believer that there are no "mistakes" when scrapping, only "opportunities". This card proved to be one big opportunity after another, but I think it works in the end. Notice the pin holding the leaf--I have a love/hate relationship with these little guys. I love that they have a nice sharp end so that you can get them into that knot of ribbon, to hold them firmly in place. AND I hate that they have a nice sharp end so that you can get them through that knot of ribbon and firmly into your thumb!!! So be careful with these little suckers! Always have adult supervision while using them--or in my case, keep your thumb out of the way!
Thanks for popping by for a look.

Supply list;
-bamboo cardstock
-colonial white cardstock
-Dreamin paper pack
-twill ribbon
-foundry pins
-milepost shapes
-So Grateful stamp set
-edge distresser
-chocolate ink pad
-Goldrush ink pad
-sanding block
-Bone folder


3 comments:

  1. Great card! I have just got to get some of those pins... and i love your distressing... you can never have too much in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroloyn, thank you for joining in the sketch challenge and yes the greatest advice I was given this week was that when inspiration strikes go with it, don't wait so the decision to put of the housework and distress it out was awesome! It just confirmed the advice I was given and also gave me some inspiration on your post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! I really like your twist on the H2H sketch: the scored lines in the background are really cool. Thanks for taking the H2H sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete