Thursday, October 13, 2011

Challenge entry. CR84FN and Scrap it with a Song.

I was stalking some challenge blogs yesterday and came across this colour challenge and immediately thought of some pictures that have been sitting in THAT pile for years. You know the pile I'm talking about! All the pictures that you have printed in the past with the intention of scrappin them, and just never gotten around to it, or been inspired to do them. My pile is quite large. I've only been scrappin for about 6 years, and at that time my kids were already 3 and 8, and I always thought I needed to go back and scrap everything I've ever taken a picture of. I've since learned that I will never get anywhere if I have that mind set. So now I will dive into the PILE when inspired to do so, but usually I just want to document the now. All this to say that the CR84FN40 Color Challenge this week certainly inspired me to dive right in. As you'll see by the date on my layout, these photos are from quite a few years ago!

Here's the colours that inspired me.....



When it came time to put a title on my layout, the Scrap it with a Song challenge came to mind. The Song was Heaven by Bryan Adams.

So without dragging this out any further here's my layout.

My journaling helps explain the title. (I hope anyways) And have I told you how much I love the buttons from CTMH! I've been using allot of these, in the whole rainbow of colours.

 This is not a usual layout for me--kinda simple, didn't take much to put together, but I love the feel that the Kraft boarders give the layout. These are now retired, luckily I have a pretty good stash of them, it almost hurt to use this many on the layout--but it was good therapy for the hoarder in me.
Thanks for stopping by and please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the layout.

Supplies used
Kraft cardstock
Chocolate cardstock
Cranberry cardstock
Colonial white cardstock
Red assorted buttons
Kraft boarders (retired)
Desert sand ink pad
Cocktail Alphabet stamp set
A Typeface Alphabet stamp set

9 comments:

  1. They are ADORABLE!!! I think Heaven has already helped you with the gift of these two precious kiddos! Great scrapbook page too...love the texture of the tone on tone border dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the layout - the photos of your children stand out beautifully! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute page! I love all the borders lined up, and those 2 cuties are adorable! So glad you joined us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What sweet photos! Your LO is darling! Love the various borders and pop of red! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - ADORABLE!! Love the added dimension on your page by using the kraft borders! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap it With a Song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME layout Carolyn!!! Your little ones are ADORABLE!! I love those tone-on-tone borders - what a great detail! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww how sweet! Super cute pics and great color combo. Thanks for playing along at SIWAS!..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyn, FAB layout! LOVE all the kraft borders and the buttons! LOVE how your photos take center stage! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layout Carolyn! I love the kraft borders and the pop of red! Thanks for playing along at Scrap it with a Song!

    ReplyDelete