Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Christmas....in April????

Yes I'm a little out of season on this one. It was actually my club layout from Dec, but I didn't have a picture to go on it when I did the layout....and I'm a little anal about making sure that I get pictures on my layouts before posting it!!!! Luckily, my sister took the perfect picture of our dad on Christmas Eve, sitting on Santa's knee. He lost his wife last year, so we haven't seen him smiling much, so this full out laugh was a welcome site!

This layout was inspired by Merilee Restucci. You can click on her name to go to her blog, she shared the template with consultants a few years ago, but her blog doesn't seem to be updated any longer, so I'm not sure she's even active anymore.

I used the exclusive CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut out all the holly leaves for the layout, then gave them a quick spray with pearl paint and water in the spray pen, just for a little glimmer! Also used the cartridge for the bracket and then clear embossed the flourish on it. The paper is from the retired Mistletoe collection from 2010. I do plan to do a 2nd page to go with this layout--maybe by next Christmas I'll have that done!!!

Thanks for looking!

supplies used:
- Mistletoe paper pack (retired)
-new england ivy cardstock
-garden green cardstock
-sweet leaf cardstock
-cranberry cardstock
-chocolate cardstock
-red buttons
-cranberry grosgrain ribbon
-Love Life stamp set
-versa mark
-clear embossing powder
-Martha Stewart punch
 


No comments:

Post a Comment