Monday, September 26, 2011

Baby Shower gift.

 My cousin and his wife are having a baby!! So we had a baby shower to go to, and I wanted to make some of the items for theirr gift. So I started with this card. It was lifted from a fellow CTMH consultant Lorrinda H. and you can visit her blog here. I used the new CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge to cut the shapes that I used for the drawer fronts, added some colonial white brads as the drawer pulls and used some 3D foam tape to pop open the 3rd drawer, so that it looked like the blanket was hanging out of the drawer. Using my blending pen and ink pads I coloured in my stamped images. All the drawer pieces were sponged with garden green around the edges to give definition to the layers.


I matted a piece of patterned paper from the Elemental paper pack, with colonial white cardstock, and used scissors to cut the fringe on the blanket.
 The next item was a paint can that I covered in more pattern paper from Elemental. I can't give credit for this idea to any one person as I have seen many of them on different blogs and boards, and I don't know who the original creator was. I wasn't sure I'd like this paper pack, but after working with it, it's so versatile, and the colours were perfect for my project. Again I was able to use the Art Philosophy Cartridge to cut out the tags and flowers as well as the boarder on the bottom of the can, that I then painted with Create-a-shade Pearl Paint to give it a softer look.

The ribbons on the handle were a bit of a challenge as I didn't have the colours I needed to match the paper. So I called on my creative side to make do with what I had. I took some grosgrain and twill ribbon in colonial white and sponged them in Garden green and Creme Brulee. I really like the way they turned out--and it was so easy to do. I'm thinking that if I just make sure to have enough colonial white grosgrain on hand and then I'll always be able to make whatever colour of ribbon I need!

  And lastly I chose to include in the package some Thank you cards. Also using that so versatile AP cartridge to cut out the card bases and tags, then using a non CTMH stamp (GASP!) I stamped the bunny and used my blender pen to colour it in. I even use the heart cutout from the tag, inside the card.
Did 15 of those little suckers!!!! Bundled them all up together along with some receiving blankets and onesies in the tin and VIOLA! I was ready with my gift.

Supplies used (CTMH unless otherwise noted)
-Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge
-creme brulee cardstock
-olive cardstock
-colonial white cardstock
-Elemental paper pack
-colonial white brads
-green button assortment
-assorted ribbons (some non-CTMH)
-paint can (available at paint stores)
-Limited Edition Stamp set -Sept 2011 SOTM
-Share the magic stamp set -Oct 2010 SOTM
-For Every Occasion stamp set
-baby stamps non-CTMH--but that bunny was just toooo cute!
-ink pads-creme brulee, garden green, olive, desert sand
-blending pen
-sponge daubers
-3D foam tape
-and of course Liquid Glass to hold it all together. Love this stuff!

2 comments:

  1. love, love , love this especially the baby blanket hanging out of the drawer. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete